— ENTRY PERIOD UPDATED TO THE END OF JANUARY! —
We’re in the holiday spirit here in the hallowed halls of Technical Fowl, and we’d like to make someone’s holiday season a bit more bright. We have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 8th-gen laptop just kind of sitting around here, and we’re going to try (yes, try) to give it away. It may not be a gaming laptop, but his thing is like the Gucci of business-grade laptops, highly coveted by business and enterprise, and often backordered and stocked out. It’s thin, light, and I’ll say it – pretty damned sexy with that sleek ultrabook frame at under 2.5lbs. It’s great for business travel and portability, and is pretty solid on battery life, getting up to above 15 hours per charge. Here are the main specs:
- Model: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 8 [20U9002PUS]
- OS: Windows 10 Pro x64
- Proc: Intel 10th-generation i7-10610U (1.80GHz, up to 4.90GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 cores, 8 threads, 8MB Smart Cache)
- Memory: 16GB LPDDR3 2133MHz
- Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics
- Screen: 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS glossy, 170° viewing angle, 90% DCI-P3, Dolby Vision HDR 400, 500 nit
- Storage: 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11AX (2×2), Bluetooth 5.1
- Features: Match-on-chip fingerprint reader, Fast Identity Online (FIDO) authentication capabilities, dTPM 2.0
Nice right? Great. Let’s get down to the brass tacks:
- To be eligible, entrants must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry, and live in the contiguous United States with a valid postal address. P.O. Boxes are not eligible. Entrants must be individual users. Businesses, press outlets, or other organizations are not eligible for prize. Drawing will occur if either our Facebook or Twitter accounts hit 1000 followers. By entering, you agree to these eligibility rules.
- HOW TO ENTER:
- Follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/FowlTechnical) and/or like us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/thetechnicalfowl)
- Reply to this post on whichever channel you found it on (Facebook / Twitter) with your favorite holiday movie of all time with the hashtag #TFHolidayGiveaway – don’t worry if it feels off the wall!
- Like and share/retweet the original post so it spreads like wildfire!
- Entries will be considered between Thursday, December 17th, 2020 and 11:59PM (EST) on December 24th, 2020
- If conditions are met, a winner’s name will be drawn on January 31, 2021 [updated]
- Winner’s name, if applicable, will be posted on Technical Fowl and we will get in touch with the winner for shipping.
That’s it. Zero cost to you. Like and share, talk to your fellow humans about movies in the meantime, and if we can get our fledgling site up to 1000 followers on either Facebook or Twitter, a lucky person gets the prize. These are some serious business specs on a much-coveted laptop that retails for around $2,400 so… you scratch our back we’ll scratch yours? If we hit the mark, a random name will be drawn on Christmas Day and we’ll get in touch for how to get it to you.
Good luck everyone!